Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trolls have no fashion sense

The Drunken Badgers raid has of late been running a regular raid where we do our Gruul farm and then split into 2 groups and head over to ZA for some troll slaying fun. Sadly, or perhaps happily we will be starting our push into SSC and TK as of next week so there will be no more chance for ZA loots (at least until my weeknight Aussie Kara run gears up enough people that we can start ZA anyway). We can happily say that we are 6/6 in ZA, although only with one of the groups - the one I wasn't in sadly.

Anyway that's not the point of this post, the point in fact is like the title says: trolls have no fashion sense and damn it neither does Gruul.

Upgrades had been few and far between for yours truly recently, for PVE gear anyway, the PVP gearing has continued nicely (more on that in another post). However on a recent run I was lucky (lucky? well you decide) to pick up the Gauntlets of the Dragonslayer from our grumpy friend Gruul, which were pretty much an upgrade on my T4 gloves and let's face it does anyone actually care about the set bonuses for the hunter T4 set? Didn't think so. So I was rather pleased with the lewtz and slapped a couple of +8 agi gems and the AP enchant on them. And then I equipped them.

...
...
ZOMFG they look like freaking OVEN MITTS!

Now I'm all for some colourful raiment, I love the gear that the finger wrigglers (to borrow an awesome description from Ratshag) get around in. Hunter gear however is generally of your more drab variety. Which is fitting to the idea of a hunter being out and about in the wild, blending in to the environment to stalk and kill our prey. So WTF is up with these gloves?

/sob

I mean sure they could be a great fashion accessory as I serve you up some crunchy Tyrantus ribs but they seriously destroy any sense of coordination to my outfit and a girl wants to look her best you know?

And then, to add insult to injury I get a further drop in ZA - the Pauldrons of Primal Fury. Yes an upgrade to my T4 shoulders but yet another blow to my ideal of the fashionable hunter. If I was a troll hunter this look would be pimpin', if I was a dwarf those big broad shoulders would perhaps help me get away with it. But on a skinny boingy eared Nelf? Um no. Decidedly not. And combined with the T4 helm? Hideous doesn't even begin to describe it.
Here's hoping I get some drops in SSC and TK that are more.... harmonious..

No comments: